Braithwaite Group were appointed by Lidl UK to deliver a new build 26,000 sq ft retail supermarket in Wrexham city centre.
The scheme was a fantastic transformation which used to be a 12 storey police head quarters tower for North Wales.
The full works included explosive demolition of the existing site and were carried out within a tight 35 week programme and was delivered on time, even with the project commencing during COVID-19 pandemic.
The works carried out were;
- Explosive demolition
- Full groundworks
- New roof and cladding
- New brick and block work
- New build loading dock
- New retaining walls to perimeter
- Installation of new suspended ceiling and new walls throughout
- Full new mechanical and electrical installation
- New shopfront
- New 278 Works
- New floor tiling throughout
- New wall tiling
- New metal doors
- New entrance pod
- New protective furniture fitted
- New security system installed
- New tarmac, white lining
- New fencing, landscaping to external areas
The project received fantastic feedback from the client, the local community and local press.
The project was delivered on time and within budget.