Braithwaite Group were appointed by Lidl UK to deliver a new eco 2021, 29,000 sq ft retail supermarket in Garston, Liverpool.
The scheme was a fantastic transformation of a Quick Save supermarket, which had fallen into a state of disrepair. The proposed scheme was met with great delight from the local community to have new investment coming to the area, which would result in 40 new jobs.
The full works included the below. All these works were carried out within an incredible 24 week programme and was delivered on time, the project commencing during COVID-19 pandemic.
The works carried out were;
- Contiguous piling wall
- Full groundworks
- New roof and cladding
- New brick and block work
- New build loading dock
- New retaining walls to perimeter
- Installation of new suspended ceiling and new walls throughout
- Full new mechanical and electrical installation
- New shopfront
- New 278 works
- New floor tiling throughout
- New wall tiling
- New metal doors
- New entrance pod
- New protective furniture fitted
- New security system installed
- New tarmac, white lining
- New fencing, landscaping to external areas
The project received fantastic feedback from the client, the local community and local press.
The project was delivered on time to one of the fastest lidl build times for the 2021 eco spec store and handed over without a variation due to a quality tender process.